Thursday, July 8, 2010

10,000 words and counting!

I did it! I have hit the 10,000 word mark in my new novel and I am still going strong. Good thing because I have a lot of work yet ahead of me but it feels good to get here. To make a real start in the process.

While I was on my walk yesterday I saw this on Great Northern Way - yes we do have a street named that here - and it intrigued me. I know the apartments these steps lead up to and I got to tell you they aren't that great. On the other side of the steps is another lion but the figure that is on the step above the lion is gone, worn away by time and neglect.

I started wondering what was here originally. With this new series of books I am working on I am getting more interested in the history of Vancouver so if I actually do find out what this is, I'll let you know.

Maybe these steps once led to a great mansion where legendary people came to party but one night there was a horrible murder there and the place became haunted. The mansion was left to decay until one day a developer tore it down and the only thing that remains are the vigilant stone lions.

Or else someone just decided to be fancy when creating these stairs and tried to give the area a touch of luxury.

Well back to my novel. Another 50,000 words waiting to pour out of these little fingers.

TAGS:, , ,
,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment