Monday, February 24, 2014

The Progression of an Empire

I am going to continue tell you how The Jim Pattison Group empire was built.

In 1994, the group acquired a periodical distribution in Charlotte, NC. The next year, another periodical business, in Jacksonville, FL, joined the group as well as Buy-Low Foods.

1996 saw a bit of a change for the group. Various periodical distribution companies were acquired in the U.S. and Canada and the name was changed to the News Group.

In 1997, The Jim Pattison Group started Select Media Services. They also opened Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach, SC.

1998 was the year the group formed The News Group, L.P. and acquired Enseignes Imperial Signs in Edmunston, NB.


1999. Cooper's Foods joined the fold and The Jim Pattison Group obtained the assets of B.C. Packers Ltd. in B.C. and Alaska.

Now it is the beginning of a new century and Pattison doesn't show any signs of slowing down. To start the new millennium, The Jim Pattison Group opened Ripley''s Aquarium of the Smokies in Gatlinburg, TN and formed the magazine information network, MagNet.

In 2001, more companies come into the group - Monarch Broadcasting, Bulkley Valley Wholesale and Van-Whole Produce- PriceSmart Foods was launched.

2002 saw developments on both sides of the border. ProLogix Distribution Services in Toronto, ON and AccuLogix Distribution Services in Calgary, AB were businesses that were started and Ever Corps aluminium tube business in St. Louis, MO was acquired.

Food and packing businesses Nesters Market, Keller Foods and US Foam Packaging business of Lin Pac Inc. joined the organization.


I still have 12 years of relating the progression of The Jim Pattison Group to tell you but I wanted to take a moment and let you know what is happening with me.

Finally, my book on my journey - so far - with multiple sclerosis has been released. On The Right Side, My Story of Survival and Success is now available on Amazon sites worldwide. It is an inspiring, emotional roller-coaster of a read.

To celebrate this, I am having a book launch event on Facebook. This will happen March 5, 2014 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm PST. There are lots of prizes and I hope that you all attend.

Interviews. Tomorrow, February 25, I will be on My Rays of Light Radio Show with L.M. Young. I will be on from 7:00 pm PST. On March 3, Tori Eldridge is interviewing me on her radio show, Empowered Living, at 4:00 pm PST. Don't worry if you can't make it, these shows will be archived and/or podcast.

I am interested in becoming a motivational speaker (and a life coach) and my first speaking gig may happen on the weekend of March 22 and 23, 2014. The BIL Unconference is being held on Seymour Street in Vancouver. This is a different conference, which is why they call it an unconference, and although it is free, participation is required. Here's the link if you want to learn more. 

Whew! I have a lot going on. I have also redone my website and invite everyone to come to www.karenmagill.com and take a look. Maybe even sign up for my newsletter.
I would like to thank The Jim Pattison Group website for the information on his company.

I hope you find the beauty around you.




, , , , ,, , , , , Multiple Sclerosis

4 comments:

  1. you have some very nice photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D, John. I never know what I will see when I go for a walk. Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
    2. its my birthday tomorrow the 25 th, 73yrs. old, i enjoy your articles, i have been following your progress since we first met, at one of the ms banquets years ago, before you became an author, good luck in the future Karen.
      dennis

      Delete
    3. Thank you Dennis and a happy birthday to you.

      Delete